Isaberg - out in the snow

Gislaved Travel Blog

Isaberg ski area

It had been ages since I had been in the ski area Isaberg; which is one of the most southern ski areas for alpine skiing in Sweden. Last time I was here was when I realized that skies and me didn’t belong together; it was actually also the day when the Swedish prime minister Oluf Palme was murdered (March 1st 1986), which left the whole Swedish population in chock; actually the whole world because this was absolutely nothing that anyone could expect happen in Sweden.

Even though more than 20 years had gone the place looked like I remembered it; the restaurant area had improved significantly inside but otherwise not much had happen.

Isaberg is not more than 3 hours drive away from my home in Frederiksberg and my friend and I left at 6.30 am and drove into the parking at 9.30 exactly. A 2 hour lift card is 210 Swedish Krone or approximately 21 euro. The longer you take it the cheaper it is by the hour.

The weather was not the best; it was around 4 degrees warm and the rain was dripping but there were still a lot of people in the area. Many of these were Danes due to the near proximity to Denmark where we don’t have almost any possibility to ski

Snow machine
Snow machine
Lady Loo
Lady Loo
Man Loo
Man Loo
Gislaved Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Considering it is the only place - it is quite good
The restaurant & cafe of the most southern skiing resort in Sweden Isaberg is quite large and clean; which makes it a nice place to visit. The interio… read entire review
Gislaved