Conference in fabulous surroundings

Sollentuna Travel Blog

I was off for a lunch-to lunch seminar in Sollentuna at a conference area located only 20 minutes from Stockholm City and 20 minutes from Arlanda airport. It was my first time there and I did immediately like the place. The place was named Bergendal, and it was located in a beautiful area with forest and lake. The Bergendal is a place of contrasts with a beautiful manor house from the turn of the century and a later building decorated in 70's style. The 70s style have always been ambivalent, it has its nice sides but I doing loads on hotels nights and conferences in Denmark and Sweden and I find it a bit boring. It usually indicates that it is a 2ndgeneration hotel.

I arrived directly from the airport and I arrived quite early in the morning given the fact that I needed to be there for lunch. I arrived by taxi and I was amazed of the size of the complex. The reception was in the main building that was from the 70s and it was 2 stairs up. I took the elevator up, as my bags were heavy so I skipped the stairs. The reception was quite large and mostly for fun asked the receptionist if I could get my room early. She told me to grab and coffee in the corner of the lounge area and she would try to fix something fast.

After 30 minutes I was given a room and it was first when I went for my room that understood the size of this place. I was given a room on the second lowest floor with a view towards the bay from where the Vikings sailed further in the country some 1000 years earlier. Bergendal has 115 rooms and a hotel school so the service is quite good here, as people get evaluated all the time. My room was not the largest but it was functional. I enjoyed the view, mainly because I sat down and worked at the desk until I had to meet my colleagues at lunch, otherwise I hardly see any of the nature, when I am at a conference. There was only a narrow bed in the room but it was nice, the desk was really small and the chair only filled the function of sitting on. There was not much comfort but it was functional. The bathroom was also neat and clean but again without any passion.

The best thing about this place was the food and the location if you want to be far away from everything. We had both a lunch and a dinner and both meals were perfect and tasty.

Sollentuna Hotels & Accommodations review