Coming home?

Valby Travel Blog

Having been away from my hometown a couple of years, make me see things that I had lost eyes for earlier. Sometimes it is small things and sometimes it is big issues.

I am back in Copenhagen and so far it feels pretty good; actually!! I myself am a bit surprised, because I loved Brussels like all expatriates does, who finds the use of this wonderful city.´Well maybe even more than that.

Today I was sitting in one of my favourite cafe's in Valy watching something very Danish and something I had forgotten being typical Danish. Opposite of me a young mother was sitting having her Cafe Latte while she had one ear and eye on her baby walkman. Her baby was in the carriage just outside the door in front of the café. This scene is actually very typical for Denmark and I had completely forgotten about it. Some week earlier I was remembered of this by a photo my friend Babs took when she visited me in Copenhagen during Christmas. To me it had been normal, but for her it was so funny that she had to take a picture of it.

Denmark had started to show its white snowy face and I had quickly found my ski jacket in the closet, so it was a tie so far. I hoped that I would get used to the cold fast, but it was not easy even though Brussels had been quite cold the last weeks of 2009. I had even tried to walk with an open jacket just to look like a Dane when I came back - but it was too bloody cold.

This morning when I woke up in my apartment I was cold; quite cold. My apartment is in an old house that dates back to 1896 and we are not allowed to change the windows unless we all do it at once. I have only a one layer glass and the wind is pretty good at getting in. I think that this will be my first target to tackle in my private life .

Chokk says:
-22 - Brrrrrrr, that is coooold!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010
sarahsan says:
Welcome back to Scandinavia Christian! I´m glad we have 3 layer glass in our windows since it has reach -22°C. Good luck with changing your windows!
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010