Getting used to Denmark again

Valby Travel Blog

I was home from work and my moving back of all the furniture from Brussels was getting really close; there was less than a week until the movers would come and pack all my stuff down in my apartment in Brussels and I felt that I was being split from all ends.

I had just come back from a wonderful and relaxing holiday in Egypt two days earlier and from lovely 30 degrees celsius. I was now sitting having lunch in a frozen Copenhagen that again would be my home base. Looking out the window raized loads of thoughts; was I out of my mind or was I doing the right thing?

The following day I was on my way to a weekend break again far from both Brussels and Copenhagen; I was going to Lyon with my friend Maxime for the light festival and a visit to my Travbuddy friend Bernard. I was starting to wonder if I had made the program too tough, I hardly had time to breath!

The main reason that I was coming back to Copenhagen was that I also liked it here, I had to admit to myself. 4 year earlier I would have guessed that I missed my friend too but I had made wonderful new friends in Belgium that I would miss just as much.

I was on my way to check if my apartment was ready to cope with the movers and all my stuff from Brussels, when I decided that I needed a lunch and have a break in all my worries.

I went out to one of the places I like to sit and have lunch in Copenhagen; The Cafe Cire in Valby. It is actually nothing special but I like to come there; I can usually get a window seat and be left alone, which is nice when you want to think or be working. I had my lunch and looked out the frozen windows looking at the cold weather and again speculating if was about to do the right thing moving far north again.

I left after the short lunch; staring at my tab and recognizing the different price level between Brussels and Copenhagen. It was time to say goodbye to Valby and have a last look at my apartment before I was heading to the airport and Brussels again; I was able to head in to my Brussels office if I made my plane from the Airport and I needed that.

wandafromtexas says:
can't wait for your Coffee Collective write-up...am on my 2nd cup, so you know, we should give them maybe 3-stars!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2013
ela3211 says:
any change that holds Scandinavia in it , is a good change, good luck my friend!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2013
ccjbeachbum says:
yes ty for the big print lol
Posted on: Nov 28, 2011
Valby Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Café Ciré
Café Ciré is situated in for me one of the coziest places in Valby, which is one of the outer quarters of central Copenhagen. The cafe is situated j… read entire review
Valby