EuropeItalyRome

#1 Place I wanted to visit...

Rome Travel Blog

ROME.  I studied Latin for three years in high school.  And by studied, I mean cheated off the girl next to me, and rarely cracked a book.  Despite my failings as a student at the time, I did learn a lot about roman history, and roman mythology.  For so many reasons, Rome was my number one place to visit, and finally I was able to make it there.  Jason and I had debated between Paris, and Rome.  We decided we would only go to Paris, if Rome was significantly more expensive.  Turns out it was only marginally more expensive, so we went.  I won't recount all my activities in Rome, as its been quite some time and I'm only writing now to complete my log.  We saw the majority of the sights, the colloseo, forum, pantheon, Vatican City, trevi fountain, and many more.  Food was excellent.  We met two american nurses from Salt Lake I believe.  I can't now recall their names for the life of me, but they were fun to travel the city with.  Rome was spectacular.  Spectacular despite the crowds and the tourist feel.  It was everything I hoped, yet at the end of the day, I will return to Bruge or Gent before I return to Rome.
Rome