Walking Along Parkway

Philadelphia Travel Blog

Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul

I was so bored this day, so I decided to take a little walk around the city. Taking the train into the city, it was around sunset. I arrived at Suburban Station, and walked to the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul. I did visit this place before, as I have written about it earlier in this blog. But this time, the bright lights were on, giving a much better view of this place. More about in the review here.

I walked around the nave area, seeing the chapels and the church art around the place. Walking around here, makes me really miss traveling somewhere else in the world. I spent about 30 minutes looking at this place, then went back outside. It was raining a little bit.

I walked towards City Hall, and saw some sculptures along the way.

ice skating rink at Dilworth Park
I took some photos of some of them, like the Holocaust monument, but most of the photos came out lousy. I guess it was the combination of the dim light, and me always having a hard time deciding whether to use flash or not. I am sure I will walk this area again, so hopefully, better photos by then.

I came upon the Christmas Village in Love Park, but the tree there, was not lit. I was told that the lighting would happen in a week. I continued on, to City Hall, where an ice skating rink has been built. Kind of like Rockefeller Center, but not as romantic, I would think. Seeing this part, I have to remember, to explore more of the Christmas attractions in this city.

I decided to head to Barcade, located in North Philly, to play some classic video games. At some point, I will write more about this place at another time. Let's just say, I can't get enough of "Double Dragon". After some time, I decided to head home.

Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter…
Cathedral Basilica of Saints Pete…
Jesus Breaking Bread sculpture
arcade games at Barcade
more arcade games
more arcade games
Philadelphia Sights & Attractions review
Worth a stop if in the area
Located along the Ben Franklin Parkway, the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul is a Catholic church that is worth a look, if along the way. … read entire review
Philadelphia