A Philly Christmas II

Philadelphia Travel Blog

Christmas Village

After work, I decided to go into Center City, and visit the Christmas Village again. This time, it was much better weather, warmer than a couple days ago, and less windy. It felt nicer.

I walked around again, looking at more of the shops, and to the other side, where I saw more things, like Christmas trees on sale, along with a display of the nativity. More about in the review here. Plus I decided to try out a Belgian waffle, which I had not had, since my trip to Belgium. I had it with chocolate syrup, and let's just say, I really miss eating those.

Afterwards, I walked over to Franklin Square. It was quite a walk, about 7 blocks one way, and 2 blocks another way. Walking by Reading Terminal Market and Chinatown, and through some deserted blocks. I finally got to Franklin Square, which was really out of the way.

Franklin Square

In Franklin Square, there was a fountain, with a display of a kite with a key attached to the kite string, representing the experiment with electricity, that Benjamin Franklin became known for. This would lead to his invention of the lightning rod.

Walking around the square, I saw the merry-go-round, and various Christmas decorations. There were some people there, and a few food stands that were open. I picked a spot, and then watched the light show. Was it worth going out of the way, to see the light show? More about it in the review here.

After the light show ended, I headed back home. I had fun, and got to see more of Christmas in Philly. There are still more things to see, but that may have to wait until next year.

nativity scene
kite with key at Franklin Square
kite with key at Franklin Square
merry-go-round
merry-go-round
Christmas lights on trees at Frank…
Christmas lights on trees at Fran…
gift shop
history on Franklin Square
Christmas decorations
Christmas decorations
Philadelphia Sights & Attractions review
Not worth the detour at night
Definitely not on par with the other Christmas attractions in Philadelphia, the Electrical Spectacle: A Holiday Light Show in Franklin Square is one … read entire review
Philadelphia