Last minute again...

Tucson Travel Blog

I always do this to myself. I psych myself up for these trips and then wait until the last minute to do anything for them. I leave in three days and still have so much to do. Let me back up a bit. I decided that I wanted to travel down in South America sometime last April or May after I decided to take a year off after college. Between spending my summer working in the Dominican Republic and working at the bar when I got home, my trip plans sort of came together, well within the last three weeks. By this I mean, I bought my plane tickets finally about a week or so before Christmas.

So, I leave Thursday evening for LAX then fly to Lima, Peru where I will be starting my adventure with a month in Peru. This will be followed by 5 weeks in Ecuador and about 3-4 in Costa Rica. I have only made my flights and have barely set up a host organization in Peru and Ecuador. I have quite the open availability and am hoping to meet some fellow travelers.

The main point of this trip is to improve my Spanish and to be sort of a test run for the Peace Corps to see if I can hack it. So wish me luck. I gotta go pack!

Doninseattle says:
Luck!!!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
If it wasn't for the last minute a lot of things just wouldn't get done :-D
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010