lets go see the ruins!

Athens Travel Blog

this particular ruin is called the temple of poseidon.. located on the farthest southern tip of mainland greece. lili really wanted to see this because she heard that you can take amzing pics of it especially in the right type of light.. so in the morning we woke up...then headed to syndagma square where we had a quick breakfast at this coffee chain place.. we saw the changing of teh guars too.. it was pretty cool.. we were at the square cause we were trying to find the bus that takes us to the temple of poseidon.. but after several attempts to find information.. we sortof gave up cause no body knew.. or they did but didnt want to tell us.. so we took the tram to the farthest point it would go and hope that there would be a bus terminal there... this led us along the shore line.
group
. the beaches were rocky and some a bit dirty.. there were old people playing some form of badminton and swimming in the ocean.. we finally found the bus stop thats supposed to have the bus which takes us to the temple.. there are no schedules so we just had to wait for the orange bus..(so people who want to go to the temple wait for the orange bus) after hours of waiting we were about to head back into town when it finally showed up!! the bus ride took an hour or so through the widing roads.. but we made it.. the temple of the four winds.. the views were amazing and the temple was in ruins ofcourse.. it was really windy but still fun.. we took some silly pics and then ate kielbasa for lunch..we waited for the next bus.. i think we only spend an hour and half there..
lili and her boomerang
. on the way back we got a text from josefina saying that she was done with akropolis and so we were to meet her for diner.. after walking for a while we decided on a place to eat by the center of town which had pretty good food.. i think i had kebap again.. or maybe gyro... after that we walked through the park and went to the olympic stadium.. walked some more around the city.. the we said our goodbyes and parted ways at omonia station.

* I forgot to add that today my bag was delivered to the hotel! hahah so i was very happy and i finally was able to give the gifts to Lili and Grzechu. they both got authentic boomerangs from australia! i was hoping we would try them out in athens but we couldnt find a nice open space to throw them.. plus it might hit someone.
syndagma square
. solid piece of wood can do alot of damage.

( i will also add more history and info about the places we visited so its more informative.. and maybe a little bit of mythology. i read a great book before this trip all about greek mythology so it made the trip a lot cooler for me anyway)

heres some mythology for you.. dont quote me on this as my memory is not so good..  Poseidon (spelling?) was one of 3 brothers of olympus.. the others are Zues and Hades. He was only second to Zues and was the ruler of all seas. He was also the first god to give horses to men.. he married one of the daughters of the titans.. not sure her name.. but they have a palace under the ocean (kind of like the little mermaid) but he spends alot more time in mt olympus so i read.. he carries around his mighty trident which can shake and shatter any object.
changing of the guards