Christmas Eve in Poland

Zielona Gora Travel Blog

lili and grzechu in the car
I was still in australia visiting my parents when this trip came about.. i found a cheap flight to berlin so i booked it! (you cant pass up cheap flights) My actual flight was on the 23rd of december flying from las vegas to philadelphia to munich to berlin.. now i dont have the best of luck with airports as alot of you may know but i decided to bring one carryon luggage anyway.. my connecting flight from munich to berlin was only 30 mins.. so i was very worried about that but the airline people assured me that its enough time to get from one plane to another.. plus my baggage will go straight from las vegas to berlin (again i was assured that it will).  My flight to munich was late! i arrived in munich 15 mins later than i should i have.. so i only had 15mins to get to the next flight.
yumm!
.i was thinking that the gate was next to each other but again it was on the other side of the airport! (just my luck) so i ran up and down MANY stairs with  my army duffel bag reached securtiy checkpoint where they checked my passport then had to get detectors and junk.. ofcourse i had to take off my jacket and empty my pockets.. but not my shoes/? so ofcourse i BEEPED!! i had to get wanded over and they asked me to take of my shoes and sent that through the metal detector... at this point i was out of breath and i thought i already missed my flight.. quickly put my shoes back on and ran with shoelaces undone to the gate where i was the last one to arrive sweating like a *#@)@.. but i was happy i made it! i didnt want to miss this flight cause lili and grzechu were already waiting for me in berlin.
cat attacking me in my sleep

i arrived in berlin finally! i see lili outside the glass partitions! i was so happy! then i saw grzechu also! but i had to wait for my bag (which would never appear) again my luck with airports.. i walk outside to greet lili and grzechu.. i wasnt mad or sad about the bags cause i already expected something like this would happen. hahah i didnt care about it but the presents i brought from australia were in those bags..that was the only bummer.. so we went to the lost luggage place and told them to deliver it to athens.. i wasnt expecting it to be found at all at this point. hahah

so we get in grzechu car for the long ride into zielona gora (grzechus home town) he had sandwiches in the car! hahah so that was good.. we arrived late in the evening where grzechu mom prepared this great christmas dinner! lots of food and vodka! hahah lili had her share of vodka ofcourse.
we were all tired so we went to sleep.

quick intersting points about Zielona Gora.. it means green mountain.. i think..  also lots of storks nest here.. they make their nests on top of peoples roofs and chimneys.. once they have settled  you cannot get rid of them becuase they are protected.. so you must leave their nest wherever they decide to build it..  People in this city hate snow. hahah i guess cause its just too cold and is a problem for driving and going out etc.. from my perceptions this town is very safe and friendly.. there are some grafitti but thats expected anywhere.. grzechu keeps telling me all these things about what makes this town better than most polish cities.. something about transportation stuff.. and maybe governing bodies.. ask him for more details..  (these are not facts.. just commentary) =]
RJ82 says:
haha yeah lili its been featured.. and yes you have been lost. hahah
Posted on: Jan 14, 2010
Lilliana77 says:
This blog got featured?? hahah when??
Boy I've been lost :P
Well, congrats R!!! :)
Posted on: Jan 13, 2010
RJ82 says:
thanks everyone for the congrats.. the blog is not finished yet.. so i hope you guys keep reading it. =]
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
kielbasa
kielbasa
great christmas diner!
great christmas diner!
this is actually berlin tegel airp…
this is actually berlin tegel air…
polish super market