Crawley Travel Blog

I arrived at London Gatwick early on Tuesday Morning.  My Uncle Jim was there to pick me up, and passport control and baggage claim were relatively quick and painless.  All in all the flight from Baltimore to London was relatively painless too.  However, the roadtrip to Stanstead airport was anything but.  The M25 had a major accident, which I've come to believe happens every hour on the hour, and we were stuck in standstill traffic for close to an hour.  Thankfully we made it through the traffic mess and onward to Stanstead.  As luck would have it, short term parking was closed for construction, so we had to park in long term parking and wait for a bus.  The bus was over crowded, and I thought under my breath "Welcome to Europe."  FINALLY we were at the airport and I was going to see Maria after almost 6 months apart.  I couldn't wait.  Our delay actually wound up putting us at the airport about 10 min before Maja came through security.  It was a good moment after so long, and the trip back was uneventful.  We had decided after so long apart to splurge and stay in a hotel in Crawley, The George, the first night.  We then woke up the next morning and traveled to London for a short stay.
photo by: mada2311