Day Four: Bali Belly

Ubud Travel Blog

Bali Botanica's entrance
Since the spas were so cheap in Ubud-averaging $15 US per treatment- we decided to try one per day.  Yesterday we ventured up to Campuhan to the Bali Botanica spa.  They picked us up at our hotel and drove us the scenic back way through Penestanan, the artist village, to avoid the Ubud traffic.  The ride was so lovely and we really enjoyed seeing all the lush rice fields along the way.  We found Campuhan to be a bit cooler than Ubud central and love the mountain feel of the place.  Once we arrived at the spa we were offered some water which we drank, yup, we drank the water!  After drinking it I had this sinking feeling that it was the wrong thing to do despite the gallon of Danon Aqua I noticed in their water cooler.
The treatment room at Bali Botanica
  Then we were escorted to our treatment rooms which I found really tastefully done and peaceful.  There is a stream in the back of the spa and one can hear it flow while getting a treatment if the windows are open.  My message was ok but overall I was pleased with Bali Botanica and their facilities.

That evening we attended a local concert at Arma where Zaid was starting to feel sick.  He mentioned having body aches and a fever so we thought he was coming down with a cold or the flu.  The next morning I woke up and found that I was also sick with similar symptoms including stomach issues.  We had no energy and were only able to make it to breakfast for a light breakfast but that only made us feel worse.  For the remainder of the day we slept and never left our room.  Finally, the next morning came and we were ok.

Although I'm not completely sure it was the water at Bai Botanica that made us sick I'm going to trust my instinct here and conclude that they may have refilled their water from the tap to save on operating costs.
Bali Botanicas entrance