Day 2: Magritte Museum

Brussels Travel Blog

xD
I wake up at 7am. I have my online ticket to visit Magritte Museum at ten, so I decide to walk around the same places I went yesterday because now there's light and I can make better pictures and enjoy the buildings under a different perspective.

After re-seeing the Grand Place and Bourse area, I ride the bus to the Place Royale, where there are rests of ice that almost make me kiss the ground. I'm becoming frozen, so I stop in a place called Exki (review in this same blog) and decides to have breakfast. There are lots of products to choose!

At 10am I head to Magritte Museum, which is one of the reasons for me to come to Brussels. I finish my visit absolutely fascinated. He's one of my favorite painters and I love surrealism, what more could I ask for? Moreover, with the young discount, the ticket costs me only 2 €.
Café Old English

From the Gare du Nord, I buy a ticket to Brugge (read the next entry to know how it was!)

Back to Brussels, I leave all the new stuff (souvenirs and typical food) in the Hotel and head to Place Sta. Catherine. This is an important part of my travel because while walking through the Christmas stalls and listening the music, I think: Brussels is a city where I could live perfectly.
And this is called Love at the second sight, because I fell in love with Brussels at this exact moment of the second day I spent here.

I remember the first time I fell in love with a city (Madrid). This was love at the first sight and I ended living alone there for three years. Who knows...

Adrian_Liston says:
I haven't been to the Magritte museum yet!

Brussels is a lovely city :)
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010
Clock
Clock
Brussels Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Variated Breakfast
I entered this place because the alternative was waiting for an hour in the cold street, so I decided to try here, where at least I could be warm. Gre… read entire review
Brussels