From Brussels to Amsterdam

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Rubbish
I wake up at 7am and after taking a shower, I head directly to the Gare du Nord, where I ride the train to Antwerp and from there to Amsterdam (passing by The Hague and Rotterdam). The Central Station is amazing and my Hotel is near so I have no problems to find it. You should read my review about Terminus Hotel to know where not to stay while visiting Amsterdam...

I see the part of the Bourse, the Royal Palace, the Magna Plaza and the Nieuwe Werk. I also enjoy the houses' structure and the lovely channels. Although modestly I think that the buildings need a deep clean up and that the rubbish couldn't be left on the pavement (I have seen doves and gulls fighting by rubbish food xD).
Beaterio I

At the afternoon I visit the old Beaterio (where nuns lived), where the oldest house in Amsterdam is located. I buy some blue tulips in the BloemenMarkt and also go to the Waag and I think that it's one of the most beautiful buildings I have seen in Amsterdam.

After my first try to enter in Anna Frank house (the queue is kilometric), I end in the Red Light District. I consider myself liberal, but I'm still... amazed because of this place. I mean, the girls are not only exposing herself, but they hit the glass and tell men to enter in their rooms while moving sensually. I can accept it but if I enter in this part of Amsterdam without noticing (a few red lights are not enough warning if you're distracted), a kid could enter too!!! As I also feel some curiosity, I see that district and then go to the Botanic Garden, where I spend a couple of hours before going back to my Hotel.

Beaterio II
Waag
Waag
Amsterdam Hotels & Accommodations review
Worst 'Hotel' in life
This is probably the worst worst WORST hotel I have ever visited. It is well located, near the Central Station and easy to find. Until here the only a… read entire review
Amsterdam