Day 1: Arrival to Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

Airport ticket
My flight lands at Charleroi airport around 17pm after a pleasant travel with Brussels Airlines.

I ride the train until Brussels North Station, where a cold wind gives me a -warm- welcome xD. I see my Hotel from the station, it's a high tower located in the Place Rogier. The interior of the Hotel makes me smile: definitely it is going to be a nice stay. It is confirmed when the receptionist tells me that my room is in 25th floor, so I can enjoy a wonderful view from my room.

After taking a shower, I go from Rogier Place to the Grand Place, where the city hall is 'dancing' at the rythm of Christmas songs. I love it! People everywhere eating hot dogs and french fries. Happiness.

I also walk to the theatre 'La Monnaie', the Broukère Place, Notre Dame aux Riches-Claires, Saint Nicolas Church (lovely surrounded by shops and little houses), Saint-Gery Place, and, of course, the Bourse building, where there are lots of small Christmas stalls.

At 21pm, I decide to go back to the Hotel, have a dinner while enjoying the view and then go to sleep because I have lots of plans for tomorrow.

Bourse I
Theater
Theater
Brussels Hotels & Accommodations review
Pleasant Stay in Brussels
I had a pleasant stay in this Hotel, located in the Gare du Nord from Brussels, 15 minutes walk to the city hall. My room was in the 25th floor, so… read entire review
Brussels