The Snow white Walk in Summerhaven

Summerhaven Travel Blog

I watched in shock most of the week as the different news channels broadcasted the bad weather in the Midwest. I guess even the Mid-westerners did not expect the mercilessness of such weather. By the second day of the week, Washington and New York were under such attack by mother nature that government offices had to be closed and people could not go to work. The blizzards caused problems with flights and cut off power in many areas, I was never too glad to be living in Tucson, but seeing this made me thank my lucky stars for where I live. We had been having temperatures in the 40s and I thought we were having it rough, how spoiled we are here in Arizona. It is hard not to empathize with all the people who are stranded without power and access to just about everything.

My daughter decided to have fun riding in the snow without a snowboard or gloves on, the outcome is what you see. She cracked me up!
Today Desire and I took my friend Mike for a tour of Tucson and then we headed up mount Lemmon with no specific plans in mind. We traveled up to 6,000 feet of elevation before we began to see the snow on the ground and on the pines.

When we got to 6500 feet the amount of snow increased exponentially and Desire began wanting to get out of the car and play in the snow. We made several stops along the way at 3 different pull-outs where many people had brought there children to play in the snow. There was quite a few inches of snow, probably 8-12 inches I can't be sure. I know there was much more snow three days earlier because the area was closed to anyone who was looking to go skiing. We drove all the way to summer haven where there was even more snow that we had seen going up at 7000 feet. Summerhaven was busy with families and their little ones running around in snow while others snow boarded . . .

Africancrab says:
He-he! she did not need help, help from me would have been more of an interference than anything else, he-he!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
What a caring mother :d .Not even going to help Desire up, just sitting in the car laughing :D
Posted on: Feb 26, 2010
Africancrab says:
Yes indeed, I was glad to be leaving after about an hour of being there, he-he!
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010
My daughter decided to have fun r…
Rock climbers, arent they daring?
Rock climbers, aren't they daring?
Summerhaven