Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Saint Louis Travel Blog

Much to my friends' disbelief, I had never been to a Cardinals game.  I had wanted to go, not because I'm a baseball fan (I'm not much of one, nor does my loyalty necessarily lie with the Cardinals), but just to experience the ballgame's atmosphere.

Given tickets (though I use that term loosely because I had to pay for mine), we went to a game against the New York Mets.  (I do think it's funny -- the only other professional ballgame I've been to was in DC, a Nationals' game against the Mets.   If I didn't know better, I'd think I was a Mets fan).

We arrived late, already into the second inning, which I wasn't thrilled with, being my first game and all.  Our seats were pretty good, next to the Cardinals' bullpen, so we were able to watch the pitchers warm up.  The weather was chillier than I would have liked (I didn't expect to have to dress in layers for a baseball game).  But, I really enjoyed the experience.  I understand the game, so I was able to follow along, and I'm familiar enough with the players' names to halfway know who is who... Molina, Pujols, Carpenter... The Cardinals won the game, 6-4.  It didn't make me a baseball fan, but I would definitely go back to the ballgame!

vulindlela says:
Nice!
We plan on going to a game there this summer.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2010