'Chicago' in St. Louis

Saint Louis Travel Blog

Given tickets to see 'Chicago' at the Fox Theatre, I wanted to make an evening of it.

I knew of the Crepes restaurant, and checked with them to make sure they'd be open -- it was a holiday afterall; they were.  So Judy and I went to St. Louis early enough to eat at Crepes.  The menu proved to be difficult to decide what to get... so much to choose from!  We had an absolutely lovely meal.  My crepes a la creme (filled with cherry and chocolate gelato) were amazing.  We leisurely ate our dinner and took the time to chat.  We don't get to see each other much, now that I've moved to Springfield, so I was thrilled to spend time with my dear friend.

We wanted to get to the Theatre early enough to get decent parking, and I'm glad we did, because even arriving an hour early, we were amid many others with the same thing in mind.

We entered the theatre (happy to be out of the extreme cold) and waited for the auditorium's doors to open.  I had been to the Fox once before, but was still in awe over the grandiose decorations; it's like stepping back into the 1920s.  While waiting, I may have become addicted to the theatre... Taylor Hicks is going to be in 'Grease' soon, and 'Wicked' will be there this summer.

'Chicago' was amazing.  Even though I didn't know much about it to begin with, I absolutely loved the musical.  The actors were incredibly talented -- especially Roxie Hart.  But, I am a child of the 80s, so I was delighted to see Tom Wopat, of 'Dukes of Hazzard' fame as Billy Flynn.

Judy and I in Maryland Plaza