Makin' it a Big Deal... #26

Saint Louis Travel Blog

My birthdays have never been a big deal; I'm not one to want to be the center of attention.  But, I wanted to change that this year.  I decided I wanted to spend the day in St. Louis celebrating.  We had to postpone the celebration due to weather, but we went a couple weeks later, and had a wonderful time.

My friend Judy and I started the day eating lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, not because it's such a good place to eat, but because I have a goal of going to every Hard Rock Cafe in the world, and I'd never been to the one in St. Louis.

From there, we went to the Butterfly House, which is basically a greenhouse that houses thousands of butterflies from all over the world.  They are beautiful; their wings are a wide-array of colors.  I was patient, but didn't have any luck -- no butterfly ever landed on me. :(

And what birthday is complete without cake?  We then went for a real birthday celebration -- eating cupcakes at the Cupcakery.  I got a dark chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream.  It was amazing.  Two of my favorite things together!

Despite having to celebrate two weeks late, it was a really fun way to celebrate #26!
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on the feature Tabitha, well done.
nyprne says:
Happy Birthmonth, Tabatha!
sweetsummerdaiz says:
Congratulations on the featured blog, Tabitha! I believe people should not only celebrate a birthday but they should also celebrate their birth-MONTH! I enjoyed reading. I also love St. Louis.