Impressions from the City of Light

Paris Travel Blog

The Louvre

Having travelled in most of Western Europe, France still loomed as the final, uncharted territory. So, when work finally carried my to the country of cheese, I decided to spend a day extra doing “touristy” stuff.

However, I had decided not to do the basic things, such as going to the Eiffel Tower or gawking at the Arc De Triomphe. On the other hand, one look at the map told me that some serious prioritizing had to been done or my stay would turn into a rather frenzied affair.

I started of with a quick run along the Viaduc promenade. The viaduct is an elevated path above street level, and makes for a pretty good run if you don’t mind lagging behind the more casual strollers occasionally.

After a short but wonderful meal, I headed for the Louvre. The famous museum turned out to be everything it promised to be, and more. It’s hard to describe in a few sentences the impression a place like the Louvre makes on you. I only know that I will be going back. This must be the primary “if you are only going to do one thing in Paris” activity.
Also, visiting on a Friday afternoon turned out to be a good idea as well. There were no queues, and I often found I had entire rooms all to myself.

Then it was of to another excellent meal and a few glasses of wine. Tomorrow I head back to Norway, and I am bringing some great memories back with me.
A hazy day in Paris
A hazy day in Paris
On the road from Geneve to Paris. …
On the road from Geneve to Paris.…
Paris