AsiaJapanSaijo

SAKE FESTIVAL!!!!!!

Saijo Travel Blog

Sake festival

SAKE festival, my long lost twin brother, same age as me and still pretty undiscovered I feel it is somewhat sacred to write about. The festival takes place in Saijo on the second Saturday and Sunday of October but I must say I thought both are really good however I found it way better then Oktoberfest. It is only 1600yen to go into the square and drink as much sake as you want, they give you a little cup and you can drink over 1000 sake types.

I met 2 girls living in Saijo when I asked where everything was when arriving and they ended up showing me around everywhere and explain the concept, there is not just drinking at this festival. There are parades, concerts, shops, food and more sake. I got Sake in many different styles even in a Bamboo made cup.

This was so good I did both days and got totally wasted, making friends with both Japanese and found the only tourists here were 100% Jet Tefl teachers so it is totally unknown to the backpacker.

I hope it remains un touristy, and I hope to return and drink here again one day, The bartenders were so laid back I remember just doing 20 shots straight in row off one guy and by end of night I was standing in behind the bar drinking a full bottle in one hand with one of the girls in my other arm, pretty fun but memory goes pretty blank if you can reach 50, I got to 100 shots defiantly the first day and remember this I went to nightclub that night too and took it little easier the second day. I totally smashed my leg by avoid paying the train and jumping the fence in front of the jet teachers first day too hehe

Onto Kyoto to marry some Gieshas.

Saijo