AsiaJapanKyoto

Gieshas and monkeys

Kyoto Travel Blog

Geishas

Kyoto my last unvisited city, I arrived at my hostel Kyoto Bakpack right in Gion district, I lost the directions but was super easy to find, and afterwards I found 3 Geishas straight away and even talked to them in Japanese but I heard many people didn’t get to see any Geishas after wondering for ages. Kyoto is real easy to get around with the bus system and a 500yen all day ticket. Just plan which temples you want to see, circle them on the map; be aware most have an entry fee, I saw the castle located in central from outside, for the temples here is my recommendations, wonder Gion!

Northern Kyoto: Kinkaku-ji (3 story gold temple/garden) Ryōan-ji (dry/moss garden)

Eastern Kyoto: Kiyomizu-dera, Ginkaku-ji

Western Kyoto: Tenryū-ji (bamboo),Koke-dera (moss garden)

A must see is Monkey park I just made the visit it was almost night time.

Monkey Park Kyoto
The monkeys are so kawaii, they hang around top of mountain. One little baby monkey (check photo) jumped onto my leg then did a spider jump onto the girls left next to me, so Kakkoii. They play around a lot and you can get some really good photos of not just the monkeys but also a panoramic view of Kyoto.

Going back I talked to a guy from Norway who was visiting a friend and he gave me some Kyoto sweets as a present which was so nice.

There are some real good shops just west of the Gion District with a market where you can sample food. I found some nice clothes and got a cool little instrument with a bargain.

Also just over the Gion Bridge there are bars, there is one straight across upper road and is on corner, maybe foreigners drink here but my special place was the moonwalk bar on the side close to river, there are many of these bars but it is so cheap and the bartenders are friendly as, great for a solo traveller or a big group.

I set a record of 50 cocktails in 2hours, then had another 30 shots and 10 beers or so but after the 2 hours my mind went pretty blank.

Back to Tokyo time.

Totally drunk as
Totally drunk as
Kyoto Nightlife & Entertainment review
Moon walk bar
So this is the sort of place you drink more and pay less, you pay about 330yen entry, then it is 110yen for any drink. this place has about 100 differ… read entire review
photo by: ys484