More work and a very special evening

Vienna Travel Blog

Another workday and I had to make a presentation. When I got back to the room, I had some calls to make back home. Then I sat in the tub to try and get my legs working again.

Since it was raining again, busses picked us up at 6:30 and we took the short drive to Palais Pallavicini for the banquet. This was an absolutely magnificent building and a part of the Royal Palace complex immediately adjacent to the Spanish Riding School. The palace was absolutely beautiful. We had a champagne (or probably Sekt) reception before entering the magnificent banquet room. As a gift from Dr. Wilfling, our Austrian friend, distributor and host, we were entertained before dinner by a boys choir singing mostly Strauss and a little Mozart. A small orchestra situated on a balcony high above provided music during dinner. After dinner, there were a few speeches and our friend Michel announced his retirement from our French distributorship which he owns. That was certainly a sad note but overall, the evening was fantastic!  IOut European distributors are a great group and many have become good friends.  It's always a treat to be with them and being together in this place was just about perfect.

Since it had stopped raining, we walked back to the hotel, then went straight to bed.

Anne, Vittorio, and Linda