Last full day on Vienna

Vienna Travel Blog

Last day of the meeting and an early-morning presentation for me. Everyone was late, however, so we didn’t get going until 9:30. Because so many were leaving, Keith cancelled the afternoon program and I had lunch with Wilfling who then helped me plan our trip through Austria. He also made reservations for me for a concert tonight in the palace.

I went back to the room and was surprised Linda was there since I was early. In any case, she gave me a walking tour since she’d had a guided one with the spouse's program. That a city! I had always said that Paris is the world's most beautiful city and there was nothing in second place.  Here in Vienna I discovered a very respectable second to Paris. After our walk, went back and took a little nap, then headed out on food toward the palace figuring we’d get something to eat on the way. Unfortunately, it started to rain and we couldn’t find a restaurant. We walked all over getting soaked until we ended up in a little trattoria which was only OK. It had stopped raining by the time we finished eating and we walked to the Wiener Hofburg Concert Hall which is in what had been a ballroom in the palace. It sure took big bucks to build this place! The concert was great but as often happens we had some turkeys sitting around us. We walked back to the hotel and went to bed.

Vienna