Trip Down Memory Lane

Bensalem Travel Blog

Time Out arcade

Not really a travel entry, or about Pennsylvania either. Just something from my past, that I wanted to write about, from my visit to the Neshaminy Mall. I put it in this blog, since I did grow up in this state.

Located in Bensalem, which is a suburb of Philadelphia, this mall is basically a typical mall, that is just like any others in the US. But for me, it does have one thing that is unique in this day in age, and that is a video game arcade.

Throughout the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, I used to go to arcades a lot, which were either in shopping malls or buildings of their own. Needless to say, I wasted so much money, time and possibly brain cells at these places.

arcade games
Especially during the height of fighting games, like Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat. But by the early 2000's, they were closing down in shopping malls, with this one being the only surviving one inside a shopping mall, that I'm aware of. How it is still around in 2016, is a mystery to me.

I arrived at the mall, and entered the arcade. And it did feel like old times. While I only played one game, Dance Dance Revolution, I did take some time to take some photos. Until I was told by the owner to stop. Still, it was nice to see this relic from the past still around.

And in case anyone is wondering, places like Dave & Busters does not do it for me at all. I hate that crappy card system and paying admission, just to enter the place. And it is much more than video games, as it seems to be more like an indoor carnival games. To me, not a true arcade.

After the short visit, I went to the movie theater, to see "Zootopia". And it was zoorific, which continues the Disney Revival Era.

Afterwards, I headed back home!

Vikram says:
Indeed! gone are the days of arcades!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2016
WalterC says:
Oh yeah, but that's mainly when they have some of my favorite games! :)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2016
Paulovic says:
Funny! Nice you like these video games arcades so much! :)
Posted on: Jun 10, 2016
inside the arcade
inside the arcade
some driving games
some driving games
poster for Zootopia, the movie I…
poster for "Zootopia", the movie …
Bensalem