America Started Here

Pennsylvania Travel Blog

location of PA (courtesy of mapsofworld.com)

This will be an ongoing blog for my trips within the state of Pennsylvania, or PA for short. Also known as the Keystone State, this is the state of my birth, and where I grew up and still reside in, to this day. And no plans to move out anytime soon. I always lived in the Philadelphia area, but did take day trips to other parts of the state over the years. Used to go on family trips to the Poconos, and when I started to travel alone, different parts of Amish country in the central part of the state.

Located in the Eastern US, Pennsylvania was one of the original 13 colonies, founded by William Penn in the late 17th century. And as you can probably tell, the state was named after him. One of the advertisement campaigns used the slogan, "America Starts Here". That is in reference to the Declaration of Independence being signed in the Pennsylvania State House (present-day Independence Hall in Philadelphia) in 1776, for the colonists to declare their independence from Britain. Thus, a new nation was born.

Also, I remember a cheesy commercial with that slogan, which you can watch here. Now, why that aired within the state, I don't know. It does seem strange! But I digress!

This blog will not include anything in Philly, as that has its own separate, ongoing blog. Instead, it will basically includes anywhere outside of the Philly area, which is why this blog is titled The rest of Pennsylvania. Therefore, it would include my visits to Pittsburgh, and even day trip options from Philly itself.

I decided that this blog will be starting sometime after 2008, when I joined TB. Anything before 2008, will be in the My Past Travels blog.

Also, I have re-arranged some entries around, so to make this one the very first one, since it has already been featured.

monkeymia79 says:
I look forward to learning more about Pennsylvania.
Posted on: Jan 29, 2016
rsvpme says:
Walter- Congrats on making feature...well deserved !
Posted on: Oct 27, 2013
IndoIan says:
Congrats on today feature, Walter...hope you are having a good weekend.
Posted on: Oct 27, 2013
location of PA (courtesy of mapsof…
location of PA (courtesy of mapso…