Phnom Penh to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh)

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

The first thing I ate when we got in to our hotel... Pho Ga! It only cost $1.50USD!
Bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh:

We left on the 1:00pm "Mekong Express Limousine Bus" bus to Vietnam from Phnom Penh. It cost $13 USD and I would highly recommend that you use this bus company. They serve you water and a snack and they take care of your passports and exit/entry from both countries. They definitely seem like one of the more reputable bus companies in Cambodia.

The roads were pretty bad going to the Vietnam border from Phnom Penh. Some sections were undergoing construction and so that slowed us down qute a bit. Regardless of the roads, the ride was very comfortable. We had to wait to board a ferry at one point, but it didn't take long at all.

Bavet/Moc Bai Border Crossing:

The border was probably one of the best looking borders in Cambodia. It seems silly to point that out, but I didn't even know the Poipet border checkpoint was actually a border checkpoint! Anyways, we all got off the bus and then they proceded to called out our names to get back on. On the Vietnamese side we had to get off and take all of our stuff with us (this did not happen on the Cambodian side) and we went in to wait. Since the bus company took care of everything, we pretty much stood around for about 30 minutes. When they were finished (it was quite chaotic in there) we collected our passports and exited.
The first thing I ate when we got …
The first thing I ate when we got…