Samal Island Fun

Samal Island Travel Blog

Davao City: Bus to Samal Island

It was bright and early, by 7am, the house was bustling~ We were  all gathered at my house, making sure all the food and stuff we needed to bring for the day is all there.

My sister's friends all had requested a day off from work to be able to go. Excited and psyched, we took a cab to the stop where we can catch the bus that will take us to the Samal Island's bus terminal. From there we took motorcyles that took us to Maxima Resort.

Not for the faint hearted, it was nerve wrecking to be on a motorcycle that weaves through the narrow and uneven road of a less populated area in Samal.

One of my sister's friends has been there before so we were all ecstatic to see the place.

Ruggedly designed and nearly deserted, we were the first people who arrived there for the day - it helped that it was a weekday, too.

Bus on the Ferry to Samal Island

Maxima claim to have one of the longest water slides in the country where the drop off is on a 100 foot deep water... For safety, they have some to make sure your life vest is secure, and a lifeguard awaits at the end, in the water.

We started by preparing for lunch, grilled tuna and pork, ceviche, and green mangoes. Perfect beach food. After lunch, we went on the slide. As I slid down, I counted how long it took before I reach the end - it was over 10 seconds long! Crazy! I thought it'd never end, then suddenly - splash! I hit the water, sink down for a second before my life jacket brings me afloat, and the life guard was there to make sure I was okay. Not bad, eh, for someone who can barely swim.

Later, some of my friends went kayaking and snorkeling.

An hour before dusk, we left Maxima and checked out Hagimit Falls, a low meandering stream in a misty, wooded area.

Went home after - tired and exhausted after an all day of water fun!

Samal Island Sights & Attractions review
Great for snorkeling and diving!
Don't expect to freely sunbathe here... Maxima Aqua Fun Resort does not have sandy beaches. Instead it's on a cliff's edge, smoothed down by steps,… read entire review
Samal Island