Family Visit and Night out with a friend

Davao City Travel Blog

Davao City: Mamu's Restaurant & Bar

Re-visited my great-aunt (grandmother's sister) who was a nun at the hospital before I leave Davao. She was more awake and because of the stroke was not very conversant. I told her of what my family has been up to these past few years, relay stories of my brother's antics (she has a soft spot for my younger brother), and what I have been up to through the years.

After a couple of hours, I said my goodbyes, hoping to see her again the next time I visit Davao.

Then I met up with one of my grade school friends, Crissy, whom I haven't seen in 9 years - the only one of my grade school friends I regularly keep in touch.

We met up at Gaisano Mall, conveniently located next to the hospital where I was just visiting my great-aunt.

Davao City: Mamu's Restaurant & Bar
We had a late lunch (around 2pm?) at Mamu's RestoBar, a restaurant bar that serves great Filipino dishes in a very nice setting. It also has an attached hotel with a great outdoor space! The food was delicious, well-presented, and quite affordable.

After our late lunch, we hang out at a cafe to continue catching up on the latest news amongst our grade school friends. A few of the people I notified I was going to visit was unable to make it because of previous plans and work which was quite a disappointment. Nonetheless, Crissy and I, had a great time catching up.

It was still early and despite leaving for an early bus for northern Mindanao, Crissy and I decided to go listen to some live music. We went to the bar area that my sisters' friends took me a few night ago - Avenue S Bar & Grill. On a weekend night, they have live music outside and the parking lot is transformed into an outdoor seating area with tables and seats to enjoy the music. The weather was wonderfully - clear night skies, warm with a slightly cool breeze.

Over drinks and small snacks, we chatted and enjoyed the music. By 11pm, we had to go. I had to finish packing and she had work the next day.

We said goodbyes and hoped to see once she get to NY or I visit Davao City again - hopefully it wouldn't take another 9 years.

Bye Davao City~!

Davao City: Mamu's Restaurant & Bar
Davao City: Mamus Restaurant & Ba…
Davao City: Mamu's Restaurant & B…
Davao City Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Affordable Filipino food with a twist and great ambience
Mamu's RestoBar, a restaurant bar that serves great Filipino and western dishes in a very nice setting. The food was delicious, decently portioned… read entire review
Davao City