Family Day

Davao City Travel Blog

I planned a lazy day --- a family day --- specifically visit one family member whom I missed the most - my grandmother's sister.

After lazing around the house in the morning, one of my sister's friend drove me to my grandmother's sister after we bought a basket full of fruits as a present. I haven't seen her in 9 years!

It was supposed to be a surprise visit,  but it turned out to be me who was in for a surprise as I arrived in the convent to be told that she was admitted at the San Pedro Hospital because she was sick. Although I knew that she has been sick for the past couple of years, it was still a shock to see her at the hospital, so frail, so unlike her normal self. She was the one who gave me my first 2-piece bikini and urged me to get a boyfriend when I was still around 10 years old - she was one liberal nun. Her health has deteriorated in the past few weeks but I was happy that she still recognized me and I was able to stay for an hour long visit before she finally succumbed to exhaustion.

After my hospital visit, my friends and I went grocery shopping for our beach trip to Samal Island!

Davao City