Zurich

Zurich Travel Blog

Alps at mi right..

Living in a noisy city, what you feel most in Zurich is silence. It has almost no noise contamination. Electric trams make almost no noise. What's more, being a small city you can feel a more relaxed atmosphere. Nobody is rushing and everyone feel more quiet. Karina recieved me in the train station with a map. She took me to her place and came back to work. The first thing I did is to have a shower and then relaxed totally and slept all the afternoon. I stayed with her and her roomate, Ilaria, an Italian girl, a little bit shy but an excellent person. After having breakfast and before going to work, she always left the coffee prepared for me.

In my last night I cooked for them with my speciality, chicken with potatoes.

Another thing that surprised me about Zuich is that everyone is kind. I counted six persons that looked at me with my map and asked the universal “can I help you?”. Everyone here is kind and has a smile on their face. Well, it's not strange having in mind that we are talking about people living in the city that has the highest level of quality of life. Also, here is one third of all the money of the world, so, after knowing that you know why everyone is happy...You know, if you want to put your money on Switzerland, I know a contact that can help you. With low taxes, totally secret (federal law), and safe from any bad government that might want to collect taxes to your well deserved fortune. Oh, a little detail, minimum deposit is USD 500.000.

When you are done with banking, you can buy some stuff in the beautiful Banhoffstrasse. There are shops like Luis Vuitton, Prada, Bulgari and many others... maybe you can leave there without a penny, but dressed like a celebrity!Another beautiful thing is the lake, ideal for relaxing, having some drinks, look the sunset, feed the swans,I even could listen nice blues from a street band in the lake shore.Another surprising thing is to see so many nice cars. You can see a lot of Mercedez Benz, Audi, Porsche and even a Maserati. They say there are also Ferraris, but I couldn't see anyone. My stay in Zurich was awesome.

I didn't do much tourist things, like getting into boats, museums, theaters, etc. Just going out with friends, share mate (tipical Argentine beberage) and having fun. I realized that it took me three days to relax and left work behind, but it woth it.

As Karina convinced me to stay four days in Zurich, I'll pass Vienna, so I'm going directly to Prague, my next stop..

Zurich