Preparing for the snowboarding session in Les Arcs

Cardiff Travel Blog

It's been a long time since I've touched a snowboard but it's been hard finding time to fit in some sessions on the dry ski slope with work and the car restoration job on. That said, I was able to get two in recently. On the second session we'd had a few shakes of snow that had settled and gone to ice for the week which made the dry slope even better. I got to carve across the slope at one point while dragging my hand along the felt, it looked cool as hell but in fact I was starting to go a bit too fast and so decided to try and slow myself down, finger style. It was more panic than cool!

Despite the odd hick-up, I've be very pleased with my progress and I'm really looking forward to getting onto the real snow. In the mean time I've also obtained some great deals on a new ski jacket and trousers. With the recession on the prices have just plummeted on some good quality gear. I need to fit in at least another two sessions on the slopes, one which I'd planned for this week but ironically we're forecast a large snow fall in the area and this will stop me getting to the slope. It's a shame I've not got hold of a new board as their are plenty of great hills around the village that I could practice on.