Today, Tuesday!

Castiglion Fiorentino Travel Blog

class
I have a break right now before lunch this afternoon.  Yesterday was the first day of class, and it was a long day!  We went on a hike in the valley for design class, had a lecture on professional practice, had a sketch class, had a lecture on Italian culture, went back to sketch class, then had an Italian language class!  Of course in between we had lunch and dinner.  We ended class at 7:30 at night and had dinner, then there was a concert afterwards in the courtyard at school.  One of the workers from the school is in a band so she played a bunch of songs.  Today we just had design class and professional practice lecture again and I'm waiting for lunch right now.  After that we'll continue our classes again.

The food served here is pretty good.
class with sketches on wall
  For breakfast we can choose two items.  Some of these items include cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, milk, granola bars, bottled water....  this morning I chose to have a bowl of cereal and a croissant.  The cereal is really good--its actually honey nut cherrios but the box has a different design on it and its much more tasty than the one from home!  Yesterday for lunch we had soup which reminded me of Minestrone from Olive Garden, along with fried and steamed fish and mashed potatoes and fruit for desert.  Last night for dinner we had pasta, salad, pork chops (i think), and potato peels, and watermelon for desert.  So we're being fed pretty well here.

I really like the sketch class that we have, the only problem is that this is the first week of class and I've been so sleepy since we have to wake up extra early for breakfast and we have class at 8am, but we end dinner at around 8:30pm-9pm.  Soon we are going to start a painting class which will be held AFTER dinner, so I heard we'll be ending the day at 10pm!

Right now its raining outside!  This morning the sun came out and it became very hot to stand in the sun for a few minutes, but not too long after that, the clouds came in and we had to run upstairs to close our bedroom windows in the middle of class because of the intense winds and some thunder!!

Ok, thats all for now!  Ciao!

Krystie