Italy At Last!!!

Castiglion Fiorentino Travel Blog

HI!

I arrived in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy last Saturday at around 9am.  We rode and overnight train from Paris to Italy.  The ride wasn’t too bad.  We were in a little train room which fit 6 persons.  There were 5 of us who stayed in one room while the others in our group stayed in another with 6 people.  The last space in my room belonged to a French man who joined us while we were trying to pack our bags into the little space available in our train room!  The French man with us was a little upset that we had so much luggage, but he did not understand that we had to pack for 3 months.

When we arrived at the train station, I decided to climb the steep hill to the school along with Adam, Matt R, Matt G, and Lance.  It was very steep and tiring to climb, but we made it there in good time while the rest of our group took a Taxi van for some euros.

After we settled down in our rooms, we went to do some laundry outside.  I only washed a few items since we did it all by hand!  It was very difficult since according to Patty (the pro at hand washing laundry, since she lived in the Philippines), told us that we had to ring out our clothes each time we changed the water, and we had to change the water a few times to get the soap out before we hang dry everything!

After laundry, we went to get very good pizza for lunch and gelato for desert!  I had the coffee gelato but I tried everyone else’s and all the flavors were so flavorful and tasty!

After that, we played some ping-pong in the game room and got ready for the family style dinner in the cafeteria room.  We got served some pasta, bread, salad, beef, and mashed potatoes!

Pictures are posted on my flickr site (pictures from London, Paris, and this first day in Italy!)

I’ll probably be back to write more soon since I finally have good internet in my dorm room!!!

--Krystie

mattgee says:
..."I finally have good internet in my room"...way to brag!!! no smiles for you!
Posted on: Sep 16, 2007