Chur, Switzerland

Chur Travel Blog

Fiat Ducato

Switzerland is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, and I am honestly saying this.  Myself and fellow classmates (total of 16 people) took two Fiat Ducato vans and drove from Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy to Chur, Switzerland.  We stayed there for two nights in a hostel in Chur and went to the Vals Therme Hotel in Vals, Switzerland.  The DRIVE through Switzerland before arriving in Chur was fantastic!  We were increasing in elevation the closer and closer we got to Chur so were were right below the clouds in between massive mountains, seeing mountain tops covered in clouds, so close to them, seeing snow up top on the farther and larger mountain tops.

Waterfall
  All the mountains were covered with GREEN, a beautiful sight to see!  The angles of the mountains we drove beside were ALMOST at 90 degrees in some areas, so they were either 90 degrees or pretty close to it!  As we increased in elevation it seemed like we kept on reaching a flat area here and there.  For example, Chur, although in amongst mountains, is on a flat surface--a flat surface on a large mountain!  But anyway, the beauty of Switzerland was the massive GREEN sights everywhere along with log cabins perching on the slopy mountains and not just pine trees covering the mountains but a thick green groundcover covering parts that had no trees.  So beautiful!  The drive was a sight itself before we even reached our destination.  We saw so many WATERFALLS and streams.
GREEN GREEN GREEN!
  The freeway and streets along the mountainsides basically followed these streams so we could see the water falling off the greatly sloped mountains into these streams and there were SO MANY of them, we were simply saying "oooooh, woww!!! ahhh!!" all at once.  Many views were like calendar photos.

Chur is a really nice place as well.  It's actually a small city.  It seems hidden.  It might be big, I'm not sure, but it seemed small because the city is very pedestrian oriented.  And by this I mean that drivers actually stop to allow pedestrians to cross and they actually stop at stop signs and lights and respect everyone walking on small sidewalks.  I didn't even here one honk during our time there.  The shops there are also great.  Small entrances into the malls and stores, but larger than you'd think inside since there's several levels to each shopping area.  And CLEAN.  This city is CLEAN inside and out.  Our hostel was one of the best I've seen yet.  Compared to the hostel we stayed at in London, this is luxury--it's called JBN Hostel and the bunk beds along with pillows, sheets, etc were all from ikea or something because it was so modern and nice!  The beds so comfortable, the pillow huge and super soft.  LOVED IT!

I bought a few things using Swiss Francs.  It's actually cheaper to buy stuff there than in countries that use Euros.

Hostel!
Green with Clouds right above our …
Green with Clouds right above our…
Chur