Fort Pierce

Fort Pierce Travel Blog

Welcome to Disney World!
We left bright and early for West Palm Beach, Florida. The next day is my birthday and I am ready to celebrate.

I grew up in the South so I am not foreign to the idea of heat and humidity but I was surprised when I stepped off that plane. I guess living in Hawaii and Colorado turned me soft! I was miserable and soaked before I made it to the car. Needless to say, when I wasn't in the ocean, I was in the air-conditioning.

We spent the first five days of our ten day vacation in Fort Piece, FL - a small town north of West Palm - with my boyfriends family. Being a small town, there wasn't a lot to do so when we were not at Disney World, we were hanging at the beach or riding bikes around the neighborhood. Mostly we relaxed which was the ultimate goal of this trip.
The bikes we rode around the neighborhood
Oh, and we ate well - plenty of good Southern cooking.

The highlight though, had to be Disney World. Our first day was spent at Animal Kingdom, the only park I hadn't visited. I got a huge button that said it was my birthday so everywhere I went in the park, I was greeted with a huge smile and a "happy birthday." Their new rollercoaster, Expedition Everest was awesome and the safari adventure was great. (But I am a sucker for animals so that may be a requirement). We stopped for lunch where I got a free cake for my birthday.

The second day was spent at Magic Kingdom where, of course, it rained for most of the day. To stay (somewhat) dry we jumped from kiddie ride to kiddie ride to stay in out of the rain. Because it was Wednesday there wasn't anyone in the park. We managed to ride EVERY single ride in the park - everything from It's a Small World to touring Mickey and Minnie's house. By afternoon, the rain had stopped and the weather turned into a scorcher that the South is known for. We stayed until the park closed, and watched the fireworks (in the rain).

It was a great birthday!
Welcome to Disney World!
The bikes we rode around the neigh…
The bikes we rode around the neig…
Animal Kingdom