Little India & vicinity

Singapore Travel Blog

Sally Port in Fort Canning Park

Some random thoughts: I noticed several Hostels in the area.  I went into The Prince of Wales & had a pint; they refilled my water bottle there.  I enjoyed Arab Street & the surrounding area.  If I had only brought a day pack with me, I would have done some shopping here...next time...

I decided not to take the metro back towards my hotel, opting instead for the long walk.  You see more that way.  I'm glad I did.  Without meaning to, I found Raffles Hotel & noticed it's proximity to locations I had already visited.  Finding it again would be easy; I now had landmarks.  The trip back to my hotel took me through part of Fort Canning Park.  I found the Sally Port & revisited the Spice Garden.  I couldn't help but notice that, every time I walk through this park, I get a different feeling.  It might be due to the different times of day or the different parts of the park but it did not 'get old'.

Later, after a shower & change of clothes, I had a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel, in the Long Bar.  I took a seat outside, which was a mistake.  It was warmer than I had hoped and the noise from the street was mildly annoying.  After my beverage (an overpriced indulgence), I wandered about the hotel grounds and noticed that the street noise was non-existent at the patio bar and other sites.

Singapore