Last day/Going back home

Changi Travel Blog

Today was my last day in Singapore. :(  My flight wasn't until 12:30 but I set the alarm for a 6AM wake-up, in part because I hoped to get a last look at the city before departing.  After showering, dressing & checking out of the hotel, I shouldered my rucksack and began walking along the Singapore River, through the quays.  I still feel somewhat melancholy about it.  I realy didn't want to leave & I plan on returning.  Before I knew it, I had walked to St. Andrews Cathedral & the City Hall MRT station.  I quietly said my goodbyes to the city and descended the escalator to the train.

The trip to Shangi Airport was uneventful but, not wanting to miss out, I decided to go to a different terminal, Terminal 3, I think.  I briefly explored this part of the airport before boarding the inter-terminal link to Terminal 2.  There I cleared customs; I managed to lose the small paper they gave me upon arrival & had to fill out a new departure card.  Breakfast of a cup of coffee and yet another croissant then I explored this terminal a bit.  There is a small orchid garden, which is really rather pleasant and relaxing.  After a few minutes with the flowers & fish, I was off to have a beer.  Finally, the time had come & I had to find my gate.  Through the security checkpoint, where I encountered the only aggravation on this trip- they make you remove your laptop from your carry-on luggage.  This is only a problem if it's tucked away securly at the bottom (or in its protective pouch).  Through the scanner we all went & I repacked my laptop.  We boarded our flight back to Manila and off we went.

photo by: maheyriyaz