Airport & Flight

Changi Travel Blog

The flight from Manila to Singapore was great.  I was truly impressed with Singapore Airlines.  The staff, meal, service in general, everything was wonderful, about the best 3 hour flight I could have hoped for.

Singapore Airport: what more can be said about it?  Getting through customs was a breeze.  There are plenty of currency exchange counters so you won't be without Singapore Dollars when looking for a ride into town.  Next, I found the MRT.  The Smart Pass is definitely the way to go.  It was $15 Singapore (I think) and I didn't have to worry about train fare for the rest of my trip. :)  I took the MRT to City Hall station.  This is where I ran into some difficulty.  The station is also connected to a large shopping complex and I went the wrong way.  Thankfully, a solution presented itself: I found a taxi. ;)  A quick ride to my hotel (which I would not have found on my own) and I was ready to meet the TB crew for the MeetUp.  Unfortunately, my tribulations in finding my hotel made me late and I missed the TravBuddies.  I still had a great time celebrating New Year's Eve in Singapore :)
Changi