Still in Wrangell

Wrangell Travel Blog

Still here…

Well, while the rain found us, there hasn’t been much of a weather window to get out and do anything. Today, as it turns out, is the first day I could get out so while I missed leaving town, I can at least photograph some of the Wrangell area. The totem poles, the wharf, the store fronts with their murals, etc…

My plan is to wait out the next low pushing through this weekend and then take off, no matter what the weather. Enough time in town. Though Wrangell is one of the nicest town in SE Alaska. Friendly and hospitable. The amenities are great here. And maybe I got a little lazy after pushing so hard that a little time in town and on the internet is what I need right now. During the rain, I may get to editing some photos as I am on electric down at the dock and can use the laptop as much as I want. We’ll see.

Otherwise, I guess at one point I need to come up with a plan on how and when to end this season. Have no clue yet. No one can guess the weather and I really am not ready to give up yet. I thought by now I would be farther along and this delay of a week wasn’t planned. And now that it is getting dark sooner, and foggy mornings and a chill at night, I have no idea what I am doing. I guess those who want to be in the know can just check back here and see if I blog anything on the matter.

Well, off the go play. Take advantage of the nice day it looks like we may get. Go see the totems and ruins. And clean the boat up a bit. Take care all.

Wrangell