Snow

Seattle Travel Blog

Snow – eventually I will find it

Not that I am looking for it, but seems either the snow due tonight in Seattle or the snow forecasted for Juneau will find me. Temps are a little below seasonal averages for this time of year and once again I have to wonder… will summer show this year. Or like last, will it be another late winter, short spring, one day of summer temps, and a early fall? Not that I mind. It is what it is.

My only thing looking at the itenerary I set up is knowing to cover 1400 nautical miles this year, cooperative weather would be nice. Personally, overcast days can provide some of the best lighting so don’t get me wrong, I don’t need the sun. Some sun, maybe a few times a month is always appreciated. But if the winds can stay down and the seas calm, it does improve everyone’s attitude up north. And with that, a lot more tends to get done.

If not, and this ’summer’ is anything like last, which was my best year for photographs, then well… maybe once again the photographs and images captured will make whatever Mother Nature throws at us alright. The mountains in Alaska are going to be snow capped and showing their best side. The bears will be down at the beaches and sightings will be high. If the rye grass is late again this year, then the flowers too will be late bloomers and there won’t be the picturesque meadows nor alpine beauty that we associate with, but I am sure we are still seeing one of the last true wilderness frontiers. And with the planned route, going into some of the most remote areas and wilderness regions that are as prestine as they were so long ago, we are still blessed with the opportunity to participate, snow or no snow, rain or no rain, and storms or no storms. So let it be… it is what it is.

Seattle