Point Baker

Point Baker Travel Blog

In Point Baker

I am now in Point Baker and as most know, now traveling alone. Jennifer departed in Petersburg on the Fourth of July. I will continue the season and keep going and doing my job, photographing the area. I had a whale bubble feed recently and got some incredible shots. I have seen so many black bears lately as well, but they don’t allow you to get as close as I would like. Maybe because I cannot use the kayaks for now.

The sun is out, hotter than hot. Hear it is hot in Seattle and San Antonio and the latter is having record droughts. Bummer. But we are not getting too much rain here either. Or anything but sun.

I do not know exactly my route any longer. I seem to be going here and there and may go back to Petersburg from the south entrance or may go to Wrangell. Do not know. I am thinking as well of going to Anan Bay again where there is a bear watching platform and close encounters with bears. That may work. But I keep pushing on. Hope all is well for everyone out there. Hope Jennifer finds her way in San Antonio. Everyone – take care…

Point Baker