Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!

Oakland Travel Blog

The tacos. yummy!!
We woke up and went to a little pastry shop in Oakland for breakfast. Its called La Farine. But umm since it was like noon when we got there there wasn't much breakfast food. I got a coffee and a piece of carrot cake. The day was to be spent shopping for supplies for a party that night so we hopped into the car and went to downtown Oakland to BevMo for alcohol then back to her area to stop by Garibaldi's for the food she had ordered and then to Safeway to get some more misc things. We took everything back to the apartment and then decided since we had some time to kill to go back to SF and attend Carnival.
Parking was atrocious. Finally we parked and walked the blocks to Carnival. We got in and there was tons of people and lots of food/vendors/booths. We grabbed some tacos for lunch and grubbed.
We walked around and heard bands playing. We seen dances and watched poeple learn to play the drums. We got free chips and free tomato juice. I found some beads so I put those on and then I bought some skull beads.
The atmosphere ws really active. The people were friendly if slow at movng out of the way. It was a really fun time.
We had had our fill and walked back to the car. We drove back to Oakland to ret before the party.
The party was a wine, cheese and homemade ice cream party. It was wonderful. There were many kinds of cheeses to try. I didn't have any wine but instead had some beer. I got to meet a variety of local people. All in all a very fun and yummy fulfilling night.
some of the cheeses.