Playing in 'the city'

Oakland Travel Blog

We woke up and drove into "the City". I kept calling it San Francisco or SF and she told me no one calls it that.  Thats cool with me. There was a bit of traffic but she had her FastTrak and we speed on through the tolls. We headed over to Japantown and pulled over after a medium search for parking and found a sushi place. We got bento boxes for lunch with pot stickers, cali rolls, beef, and salad. I downed the water like crazy. We walked around outside for a bit and found a photographer to take pictures of us. It was a little funny giving him my tiny digital camera when he had this huge camera and all professional. We took the pics and then headed off to the Legion of Honor.
Parking there was crazy. Lots of people were visiting that day. Its a two story museum. They had a Rodin exhibit. Pretty awesome. I think one of the pieces I seen there was one I had seen The Met in New York (my fave museum). Downstairs they had an exhibit of the history of french jewerly. Pretty nice things.
We left the museum and stopped to take some pictures of the bridge on the bay. Then off to the Palace of Fine Arts where we took more pictures and then went inside the Exploratorium. Basically a big play space for kids that gets them thinking scientifically. We got to do light tests and play with bubbles and magnetic sand and make smoke signals. All kind of cool things. We were like big kids in there.
We had to cut it short because my girl had an appointment at True Love tattoo in Oakland so we crossed back over the bridge and I waited while she got her tattoo completed.
It was back to her house to get me some aspirin and then off to the House of Curry. Yummy!!! I love Curry and this was no exception. The tea was delicious and the food was hot. The best you could ask for.
We wanted to spend the night a little bit chill so we went to the movies and watched Spider Man 3. (nice) and then home again home again. I think I was in bed by midnight. Good times.
photo by: callufrax