Day 2, 1st lesson in paragliding

Seremban Travel Blog

The next day pretty hangoverish i got picked up at the hotel by the guy and girl form the day before, to leave for Seremban. In Seremban we were going to meet some paragliders from the NSSAC which is a Malaysian club of paragliders. Somehwere along the road we met them and we hopped over to their 4x4's as the roads became more serious from there. We went to a field somewhere between hills wich was one of their places to train newbies. I thought that this would be a day of discussing a price and make an appointment for when to start with a possible course...
But no, they actually expected that we could have our 1st introduction lesson straight away. And there I was with my hangover in countryside Malaysia not used to the humidity and tempratures at all.
... Running down a hill pulling a 24m2 kite behind me and unfortunatly up again as well. I explained them after like 4 times up and down, that I could come back fresh later in the week to start off serious. Thank god this was no problem to them and we could all laugh about the situation. We still went to a hill nearby where one of them gave us a demonstration how to fly off a hill, amazing! it looked really peacefull being up there all alone. Couldn't wait to get there as quick as possible myself.
The best thing was that these people weren't doing this for making profit at all, they just want to promote the sport. All I payed was a very reasonable price for the course, and after that when able to fly solo just a small amount for gas and maybe lunch. I mean I was using their equipment and they were really spending a lot of their free time just for getting me in the air and become a paragliding pilot! Was great to see there's still people like them around. We decided I'd come back on thursday and we'll be training from than thru the weekend. They would help me when getting there, finding a place to stay as well.
metocman says:
Hey Tammo. I'm in Seremban at the moment and will be here for the next two weeks. Do you have contact details for the people you went paragliding with? Would love to give it a go!
Rob