Petra and Jordan

Petra Travel Blog

Wadi Rum

If you ever want to see something really cool, go to Petra. It was an ancient city carved out of the sandstone cliffs. It was remarkable. Wadi Rumi was pretty sweet too.

On my way to these places I was stopped by two groups offering to let me sleep at their place. I stayed with the second group. It was a combination weigh station and police dorm. They made me dinner and gave me lots of tea. It was amazing. Arabs are so nice. Everyday I got many offers to sit and enjoy a cup of tea with random people I meet.

Getting to Jordan was tough. After I crossed the border, I wasn't allowed to bike out from the border through the military zone. The taxis won't take me because we couldn't fit the bike all the way in the trunk. Which I guess is a big fine. So I waited for about two hours. Finally a taxi driver drove me across and guess what? No fine.

I really like Jordan. Until that kid spit all over me when my back was turned. At that point I didn't want to spend another dollar there. With the exception of five dollars, I didn't.

Sadly these are not my photos. I lost my camera on the flight home.

Kings Way