Dar es Salaam

Dar es Salaam Travel Blog

Zanzibar
So I went first to the big city of Dar es Salaam. The place was a crazy clash of modern cultures. There were several mosques, Hindu temples, and old churches. It was nice to eat something other than sima. Then I met Brendan and Dom the first morning in the city. They were pretty cool and we ended up doing things with each other over the course of the next month.

Zanzibar

Is very cool place. The beaches are white sand. There is an old city called Stone Town. The place is several hundred years old with narrow streets you couldn’t get a wagon through. This place is again a clash of cultures. Here the mix is more on the middle Easterners side. You actually get passport stamp once you reach the island. Even through it is part of Tanzania, it has a different president than the mainland.
Dar Es Salaam

Did some diving there. It was great. Do a night dive if want your pants scared off. But at night the algae will spark if you move in it. It was so cool. I turn my flashlight off and just played in it. Which is something you never should do. First because your partner can't see you and the flashlight might not turn back on.

At both Zanzibar and Dar, it was impossible to meet cool local people. The only time people came up and talked to you, was to sell you something. If they were selling you something they were telling their fake sad story of sister with cancer and how they need a few bucks. I though I had two cool local friends on Zanzibar, when they met each other they said the other was trying to scam me and they were good friends. They were correct; they were both trying to scam me.
Dar Es Salaam
Dar Es Salaam, Food here was just …
Dar Es Salaam, Food here was just…
Zanzibar - A photo for mom