Chobe National Park!!!

Kasane Travel Blog

Chobe National Park

Botswana was a pretty cool place. There was a family of elephants right as we crossed the border from Namibia. It was a nice welcome. I say we because I got a ride from a nice Swiss couple. Because I'm not allowed through national parks on my bike I had to hitchhike. Which was a good idea because we saw so many large males elephants on the drive. The males are known to challenge small cars and even buses as they try to use the road.

We arrived at a nice lodge with camping. The place had a very nice buffet which is the best thing in the world to a biker. I went to dinner with the Swiss couple. That night there was a wonderful sunset. A little later, the place started raining dead small bugs. They landed in our food and drinks.  They must have been killing themselves in the lights. We moved to another table but had the same problem. Oh well it’s Africa. Later I felt something on the outside of my pant leg. It was a bug the size of a middle finger. I shook it off. A waiter came and tried to move it from the restaurant. He only scared it to a table of women who couldn't be any less scared of what went under it. Those women all shot from the table and left one poor young daughter standing on her seat pale in terror. But the food was great and I totally got my money’s worth.

The next morning I left for a 4-hour safari through Chobe National Park. We must have seen 60 elephants before we got to the park entrance. The elephant population is huge here and have not been controlled in the past. The elephants here are very nice. Other places where the population has been controlled, elephant are scared of humans and don't allow us to get too close.

We were lucky and got to see a wild dog hunt. I will try to attach that movie. All in all it was a cool place.

The nice lodge
The nice lodge
Wild Dogs on the Hunt
Chobe National Park is full of El…
Kasane