crossing to Gili Trawangan

Lombok Travel Blog

boat on Gili Trawangan.
Next destination was Gilis. There were 3 small islands next to Lombok main island, called gili; Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Gili Meno. We had to hurry to Bangsal across to Gili Trawangan, since the last public service was closed at 5 p.m. but we were late. Bad luck? Nope, even we had to pay more to get our own boat; we met Yono and Umang that led us to a cheap home stay! LOL. No need to be puzzled or meet any scalper. Indeed we could enjoy more the view on boat our selves. Kekeuw, Hany and mas Sony were lucky to see big group of sea gull across our boat slowly against the wind *tp ga berani motret takut air laut. Very beautiful! It was sunset while we were arriving at Gili Trawangan.

We extended staying in Gili Trawangan for 2 days/2 nights and passed up the Senggigi. Mas Fedi and I got 2 dives in Trawangan and Meno. Hany, Mommy, Putu, mas Sony and Andreas Tyo (new comer) snorkeled around with a boat. Poor under water scene, mostly was damaged. They said for bombing. Hiks.. Seeing 6-7 sharks and a turtle, I was still lucky but brokenhearted.

Gili Trawangan was originally beautiful, but too busy with caf├ęs, hostels, home-stays, dive center, any service provider for tourist. The foreigners seem as many as local people, or may be more. While Bali had Nyepi, Gili had party! Wuuw!! I lost my words for Gili. Only it was lovely, yet tragic..
another boat.