Small Town, Big Heart

Salzburg Travel Blog

A four hour train ride brought me to Salzburg this afternoon, where I made my way from the station to Natalie and Dylan's place, which is absolutely adorable. After a quick shower, I walked into the Old Town with Dylan on his way to work at Murphy's Law, a fantastic little Irish pub right in the heart of the city. He armed me with an umbrella, warning me of the showers that can come on suddenly, then I was off to see the city. It was a bit nippy out, and I immediately regretted wearing sandals, but enjoyed walking around anyway. Everything here is less expensive that Switzerland, which is really nice.

Since I arrived so late in the afternoon, I decided to save much of the city for tomorrow, and headed into the pub for a pint of two before heading back to the house. I ended up meeting some really cool girls who are living over here after studying in Salzburg a few years back. I ended up staying for several hours, making new friends and just relaxing. Natalie, Dylan's girlfriend, came in after work and I had a blast getting to know here. She's this little spunky Austrian girl, who makes me feel at home with them right away. My faith in couchsurfing has been restored, and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow! This city is pretty small, but I just have a really good feeling about it :)

photo by: travpro11